First, I mailed out the invites asap. Took me a little while to design and cutout 15 invites for family and friends, but worth it. I think they turned out great.
A little gathering of family & friends for a gender reveal party. We started the party with picking blue or pink cutouts bows and pinning them on our shirts. We also kept count by keeping track on the chalkboard. Read old wives tales and giggle about how silly their predictions are. After we ate a delicious meal from Grandma-to-be, we played bingo with baby words. I ended up making 12 bingo cards with over 40 words. I believe everyone enjoyed the game since we played couple of times.
The big reveal. I made a heart shape piñata with a- pull on the cord opening. The weather wasn’t on our side so we did everything inside. As she pulled the ribbon the pink balloons & confetti fell on N+N. She was such a great trooper even when she pulled too hard that the piñata fell.
I had fun decorating the dessert table. Details & Pictures below:
1) Burlap “Baby” Banners with white paint.
2) Pink and Blue Paper Cutout of Baby Clothes Banner.
3) Mini Piñatas: Blue Elephant, Turquoise Donkey, & Pink Heart with decorative straws.
4) Large Size of White Heart Shape Piñata and a Turquoise Elephant Piñata.
5) Paper Cake Topper & Blue, Pink, Turquoise cutout butterflies.
6) Pink Glitter & Blue Crowns Lollipops.
7) Polaroid pictures, Picture Frame, and strips as giveaways.
8) and Fabric Background.
I also ended up taking N+N pregnancy pictures and made them into Polaroid format (click on Polaroid to see how I did the layout) so everyone can take a picture home. Then I found this great idea on pinterest or something similar. I used an old picture frame that I had stored away and used ribbon instead of wire. Overall- the event turned out great. My pictures not so well, but I tried to do it all with or without the weather on my side.